Saturday, May 25, 2013

It Begins

“I write only about two hours every day because that’s all the energy I have, but I don’t let anything interfere with those two hours, at the same time and the same place.”

Flannery O’Connor, The Habit of Being

I have made progress today. While I am not yet up to the two hours Flannery managed despite her epic battle with Lupus (I have the equivalent of a ‘day job’ writing newsletters and textbooks and teaching business law to undergraduate students), I am working on several “real” writing projects regularly and expect once we are settled in the garden apartment that I will hit Flannery’s mark.

Already I have set up the Frieze of Life in Scrivener, a program that nicely allows for the modular way I write. By splitting up the material I already have from my JHU thesis, I now have separate and easily moveable scenes for each completed part. Scenes can be inserted and moved around easily.

Today’s actual output: One new scene - 150 words and one rewritten scene - 25 words. Not much but a start which should pick up now that the framework is in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment