Monday, May 27, 2013

Research

It’s hard to be omniscient. It takes a hell of a lot of research! Take, for example, the weather on December 12, 1943 outside Oslo (so that I have details framing the printing by Munch of The Kiss in the Field). Cold? Probably. How cold? Snowy? Windy? Sunny? Finding weather history for the US is pretty easy, but for a day in occupied Norway, it’s a challenge. NOAA doesn’t have the date, so one must find other sourcea. I will likely have to rely on newspapers - probably Aftenposten, which has online archives of its papers from the era for a price. I may purchase a month’s access and concentrate my research during that time.
There are other details I also need - I absolutely need to know what play (if any) took place on April 8, 1940 at the National Theatre. I do know it was a Monday, so perhaps no performance.

Word count today - 15

No comments:

Post a Comment